This model HP-1016 is an upper mid-range Metal Detector with View Meter display. You can hunt for coins, relics, jewelry, gold, and silver just about anywhere. The Metal Detector is very versatile and easy to use.
MODEL: Explorer (HP-1016)
This model has a water proof coil and can be used in shallow water where most Gold Rings are found. This unit can be set to detect all Metals or set for Motion Discrimination to distinguish Ferrous and non Ferrous metals. It has three adjustable knobs for sensitivity, discrimination threshold and volume control. When a target is detected, a tone will be emitted from the built-in speaker or optional headphones and the strength of the signal will be displayed. The signal strength meter helps to determine the target depth and size. You can optionally adjust the sensitivity and set the Discrimination function to detect all metals or ignore trash metals. It comes with an adjustable Arm Support that can be set for your comfort. Light weight and compact makes this unit easy to transport and store. The auto ground balance feature makes this detector so easy to use you won’t even need to read the instruction manual! This is the best entry level metal detector we have seen.
- Power supply: two 9V batteries (included).
- Static current < 12 mA
- Operation Frequency: 5KHz ~ 6.5KHz
- Operation modes: ALL METAL, DISC
- Target Indications: audio and view meter
- Knobs for adjustment: SENS , DISC and VOLUME
- Sensitivity: max depth > 7 for a US quarter in ALL METAL mode
- Motion discrimination
- Auto ground balance
- 6.5 waterproof search coil
- 3.5mm headphone jack (headphone included)
- Low battery indication (Red LED)
- Arm support for easy carrying
Free Accessories: Headphone and Carry Bag
Length From Search Coil to handle: 39.4 inches
Length From Search Coil to View Meter: 26.8 inches
Suggested Retail: $199.99